Photo gallery: stunning hidden cove on the island of Vis
How’s this hidden cove for summer bliss? Its name is Stiniva and it’s located on the island of Vis. Declared a protected natural monument in 1967, this piece of paradise is most easily accessed by boat, the preferred way to explore such hidden alcoves and most beguiling beaches. It requires a bit of an effort to get there to by foot, though – a half-hour walk down a fairly steep goat trail. We’re sure you’ll agree it’s worth it (not to mention part of the adventure!) once you see the photos below.
Wherever you are in Croatia, find your best dining options with Like Croatia’s Good Restaurants app, available on iTunes now!
More from: Destinations
- Tourists already flocking to Dubrovnik
- Taking the plunge — discovering Rovinj’s other side
- Croatia’s other walled towns
- 10 of Croatia’s best beaches revealed
- A trip through central Istria – seven stops in one day
- Roundup: 6 of our favorite island posts
- 7 stops along Rovinj’s Carera Street
- Five reasons to drop your anchor off Palmizana, by Hvar
- Photo gallery: Plitvice Lakes take to autumn
- Ruben Alonso explores Croatia – 2/8