The Road Forks: The best and worst of Croatia
Akila and Patrick expand their minds and their waistlines traveling and eating their way around the world. They summed up their four-week visit to Croatia in a post entitled “Croatia: the low-down,” where they list the best and worst of their experience. Read what their findings are.
What we did: 4 weeks in Croatia split as follows: 2 weeks in Istria based in Pula, 2 weeks in Zagreb, and 3 days in Sveti Martin na Muri.
Would we do it the same way? No. We would do a lot of things differently: we wouldn’t hit Istria in the cold winter, we would have shortened our time in Zagreb to three days, skipped Sveti Martin altogether, and we would spend a few weeks in Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian coast. I think an ideal one month stay in Croatia would be 3 days in Zagreb, two weeks in Istria, a few days driving to Dubrovnik, and 10 days in the Dalmatia region.
Best food: Truffle pizza at Pizzeria Jupiter in Pula. I insisted that we go back twice because it was so delicious. Read more.
Find your best dining options wherever you are in Croatia with Like Croatia’s Good Restaurants app, available on iTunes now!
More from: News & Tips
- Croatia’s wines in Germany’s Playboy
- Big Picture: Ivancice
- A Tractor Story, a mussels festival, and an idyllic spring vacation in Porec
- Big Picture: Colorful Rovinj
- Cheers — Istrian wine cellars open their doors for all this Sunday
- Friday Fiction: A blind date in Brela
- Big Picture: The Adriatic underwater
- Croatian wines win big at London International Wine Fair
- Three Croatian islands without a single car
- Big Picture: Spring evening in Zagorje